Touch Of Class – 1979 – Touch Of Class
Brothers Pete and Gerald Jackson had enjoyed some earlier success as songwriters – their breakthrough coming when Vicki Sue Robinson covered ‘Turn the Beat Around‘.
The resulting publicity may well have helped the Jacksons score a recording contract as members of the Philadelphia-based Touch of Class.
A1 I Need Action 4:31
A2 You Took The Sunshine 4:52
A3 I Found My Rainbow 4:46
A4 Let Yourself Go 5:52
B1 Turn The Beat Around 3:19
B2 El Remo 4:25
B3 You’ve Got My Soul 4:33
B4 Come Back Home 4:40
Arranged, conducted and produced by John Davis with support from the Salsoul Orchestra, 1976’s cleverly titled “I’m In Heaven” offered up a modest mixture of old school soul and more dance oriented tracks.
Over the next three years the group continued recording for Midland, though they enjoyed little in the way of success .
– 1976’s ‘Don’t Want No Other Lover’ b/w ‘God Bless Me’ (Midland International catalog number MB-10545)
– 1976’s ‘Don’t Want No Other Lover’ b/w ‘You Got To Know Better’ (Midland International catalog number MB-10754)
– 1977’s ‘Said It Before’ b/w ‘Love Means Everything’ (Midland International catalog number MB-11157)
– 1977’s ‘Love Means Everything’ b/w ‘Said It Before’ (Midsong MB-11157)
Next up was a stint with the RCA affiliated roadshow. Recorded as a trio (Hailstock having retired from active performing), there’s a sophomore LP for Roadshow, with one single off of the LP:
– 1979 ‘I Need Action‘ b/w ‘I Found My Rainbow‘ (Roadshow catalog number YB-11663).
The mid-1980’s saw the trio release a pair of singles for Atlantic and a Japanese-only LP “Love Is Everything” (Stack O Hits/P-Vine) which is apparently just a repackaged version of the 1976 “I’m In Heaven” LP.