ShoutboxChris(Sunday, Nov 30. 2014 01:31 AM)Gougnoufia(Sunday, Nov 30. 2014 01:51 AM)This place is a fucking paradise !!!!Dav(Sunday, Nov 30. 2014 02:58 PM)Anybody have Patti Labelle Winner In You?teopfunk(Tuesday, Dec 2. 2014 11:29 PM)More funk for the people!
really roots blog!thank you!John(Saturday, Dec 6. 2014 10:27 AM)Awesome blog NickoPinta(Saturday, Dec 6. 2014 01:09 PM)Hi!
Does anybody know where i could find anything from “The Eight Minutes”?Jens(Monday, Dec 8. 2014 07:33 PM)Hey question do the albus at the left side underneath MORE R’N’B GEMS and Nikos Plays His Vinyl change often and arent they articles on the website?[no sender]antoine(Wednesday, Dec 10. 2014 08:39 PM)first time for me on the website, thanks a lot for the amazing work, it’s awesome, this music deserves it !!2 Dam Funky(Thursday, Dec 11. 2014 08:12 PM)Hi Nikos,
Do you have Donald Byrd – House Of Byrd 1976 Lp by any chance, thanks in advance.Nikos(Thursday, Dec 11. 2014 08:48 PM)Jens@ Every 15 days. There’s no articles of them.[no sender]Sandy(Tuesday, Dec 16. 2014 09:13 PM)Any kind soul have Alice Smith’s For Lovers And Dreamers?[no sender]Macabre5150(Friday, Dec 19. 2014 06:32 AM)Does anybody have any Wendy Rene.Nikos(Saturday, Dec 20. 2014 08:15 PM)Sandy @ alice Smith http://www.easybytez.com/e732hnoa0lg5[no sender]1 · 2
Name: Email: For:Mail will not be published
(but it's used for avatar)
- Noa said:
Happy Holidays to all.
12 hours 10 minutes ago
- Klaus said:
Merry Christmas FMS.
21 hours 12 minutes ago
- Mark said:
Season’s Greetings with all good wishes for the New Year.
1 day 15 hours ago
- Stanley said:
Uh-huh. A solid golden oldie!
2 days 14 hours ago
- Myself said:
Back in the day when they really sing ….nice thnxs for posting
2 days 14 hours ago
- Lans said:
What a shame he is not more famous. A very good album. Thanks again and again
3 days 0 hours ago
- Peter said:
Another ace record.
3 days 10 hours ago
- Noa said:
- Santa’s Funk & Soul Christmas Party
- Rufus Thomas – 1972 – Did You Heard Me?
- Carol Woods – 1971 – Out Of The Woods
- Jay Dee – 1974 – Come On In Love
- Barbara Lynn – 1968 – Here Is Barbara Lynn
- O.V. Wright – 1977 – Into Something (Can’t Shake Loose)
- Charles Cherell – 1974 – For Sweet People From Sweet Charles
- Isaac Hayes – 1976 – Juicy Fruit (Disco Freak)
- The Baby Huey Story – 1971 – The Living Legend
- The Politicians Featuring McKinley Jackson 1972
- The Four Tops – 1973 – Main Street People
- Joe Tex – 1965 – Hold What You’ve Got
- The Lost Generation – 1972 – Young, Tough and Terrible
- Lee Moses – 1971 – Time and Place
- Billy Preston – 1970 – Encouraging Words
- Gene Harris & The Three Sounds – 1968 – Elegant Soul
- Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes – 1975 – To Be True
- Rose Royce – 1977 – In Full Bloom
- Labi Siffre – 1975 – Remember My Song
- Odyssey – 1980 – Hang Together
- Nico Gomez & His Afro Percussion inc. – 1971 – Ritual
- Minnie Riperton – 1974 – Perfect Angel
- Millie Jackson – 1972 – Millie Jackson
- Darrell Banks – 1968 – Darrell Banks Is Here!
- Marvin Holmes and Justice – 1975 – Honor Thy Father + Summer of 73
Search results: Futures
Philadelphia International Records at it’s best. A fantastic album, you have been asking me to upload for a long time. I know how much you enjoyed their rare debut 1975 album “Castles In The Sky” on Buddah Records ( I originally posted in Lost In Tyme blog ) and you can also get it in our back pages here. One of Philadelphia’s finest groups, the Futures – a cult harmony group – made great music, but Lady Luck refused to work her magic on them. They released two albums for PIR , “Past, Present and The Futures” and “The Greetings of Peace”, both these albums have been sought-after rarities for years, includes club & rare groove classics. (Finally UK Edsel / Philadelphia International Reissue , released those albums on one CD) I simply say “get it while you can”! This is a @320 vinyl rip of the original Philadelphia International …
The Futures were one of the most criminally underrated soul harmony vocal groups of the 1970s. Despite the greatness of their recordings, they failed to make it big. This 1975 release is deservedly viewed as a classic “Sweet Soul” album today although it went nowhere when originally released. Highly recommended. This is a @320 vinyl rip of my original Buddah record with covers. Tracks A1. Castles 7.52 A2. ( Love Lives On A) Windy Hill 4.29 A3. Don’t Close The Book 3.03 A4. Super Love 2.44 B1. I Had A Dream 6.52 B2. Every Man Is God 5.40 B3. Do Unto Others 3.05 B4. Love Will Be Around Forever 3.50 B5. Ninety Days ( In The House Of Love Correction) 3.04 1 The first LP issued by The Futures a fine Philly vocal quintet who’d recorded a number of singles earlier in the 70s, but who finally cracked the LP …
Another one of those artist who had no success back at the glory days of soul and funk. But the lady had a voice…. At the same style like Marlena Shaw and Esther Phillips (work on the Kudu label during the early 70s) with jazz and blues influences. This is a @320 Vinyl rip of my original Monument record with covers. Tracks A1 Alone on My Own 2.38 A2 Night Prayer 3.07 A3 Where’s the One? 2.47 A4 Are You Coming Home Again? 2.52 A5 Lend Me Your Life 2.29 A6 Storms of Troubled Times 2.34 B1 I Want Sunday Back Again 2.45 B2 I’ll Build a Stairway to Paradise 3.15 B3 My Way 4.06 B4 But Beautiful 3.34 B5 Someone Loves You Honey 2.38 One of those endlessly versatile vocalists who eventually earn the tag “song stylist,” Maxine Weldon is equally at home singing soul, jazz, or blues, and …