Shoutboxadmin(Saturday, Oct 18. 2014 01:54 PM)testingadmin(Saturday, Oct 18. 2014 01:54 PM)We hope that this passion can unify us all in our utmost respect for the purveyors of the music we love so much. Enjoy it and Bless you all Brothers and Sisters.admin(Saturday, Oct 18. 2014 01:54 PM)FunkMySoul’s only purpose is to spread Soul, Funk and Rhythm & Blues from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s, almost exclusively from the original vinyl.Rouler(Saturday, Oct 18. 2014 08:12 PM)“pages” navigation works fine, but all individual posts leads to neoworx site…. so we can not see individual posts or comments. Please, would you fix ?Nikos(Sunday, Oct 19. 2014 11:19 AM)This was last weeks problem. We have fixed it. Is anyone else having problems on Funkmsoul?[no sender]Sye(Sunday, Oct 19. 2014 08:38 PM)Hey Nikos, Yes, I’m getting the message ‘Page not found’ on the homepage where the posts usually are. I can still access them by scrolling down to Recent Posts though. Thanks for the music!wab ninethirtee(Sunday, Oct 19. 2014 09:28 PM)just found your site… WOW! would love to browse but keep getting sent to ‘neoworx-blogs-tools.net. will check back later. THANK YOU!Korady(Monday, Oct 20. 2014 09:15 AM)just seeing “Not Found” and a couple of sentences on the main page.Korady(Monday, Oct 20. 2014 09:16 AM)been through the entire blog over the last year by the way and it’s amazing! Thank you so much for all the hard work everyone doesKorady(Monday, Oct 20. 2014 09:17 AM)scratch that, working fine for me now! not sure what happened1
Name: Email: For:Mail will not be published
(but it's used for avatar)
- Elton said:
These guys are legendary! thanks again brotha!
6 hours 36 minutes ago
- Wendy said:
One of the very best groups, EVER!
20 hours 41 minutes ago
- Isaac said:
All my aunties, uncles, dad, mum all played these sounds when I was a kid, 28 now, and it sounds...
21 hours 20 minutes ago
- Cynthia said:
A personal favorite …
1 day 4 hours ago
- Betito said:
Timeless… I love it.
1 day 4 hours ago
- Nigel said:
one hell of a band,so much talent.
1 day 20 hours ago
- Regina said:
Νo matter what they sang, it was pure magic.
1 day 23 hours ago
- Elton said:
- The Four Tops – 1973 – Main Street People
- Joe Tex – 1965 – Hold What You’ve Got
- The Lost Generation – 1972 – Young, Tough and Terrible
- Lee Moses – 1971 – Time and Place
- Billy Preston – 1970 – Encouraging Words
- Gene Harris & The Three Sounds – 1968 – Elegant Soul
- Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes – 1975 – To Be True
- Rose Royce – 1977 – In Full Bloom
- Labi Siffre – 1975 – Remember My Song
- Odyssey – 1980 – Hang Together
- Nico Gomez & His Afro Percussion inc. – 1971 – Ritual
- Minnie Riperton – 1974 – Perfect Angel
- Millie Jackson – 1972 – Millie Jackson
- Darrell Banks – 1968 – Darrell Banks Is Here!
- Marvin Holmes and Justice – 1975 – Honor Thy Father + Summer of 73
- Thelma Jones – 1978 – Thelma Jones
- Marsha Hunt – 1971 – Woman Child
- Prime Time – 1984 – Flying High
- King Errisson – The Magic Man 1976 + L.A. Bound 1977
- Syl Johnson – 1968 – Dresses Too Short
- Bettye Crutcher – 1974 – Long As You Love Me
- Roy Ayers Ubiquity – 1972 – He’s Coming
- Delegation – 1979 – Eau De Vie
- Enchantment – 1977 – Once Upon A Dream
- The Modulations – 1975 – It’s Rough Out Here
Category Archives: The Ebonys
One of two albums ever cut by The Ebonys – a consistently great group from the 70s, as is testified by their constant popularity in our racks! The quartet had a 3 man/1 woman harmony sound that was very hip – often applied to righteous themes worked out in a heavy soul model, and which sounded just as great on the ballads as it did on their midtempo dancefloor numbers. This second album’s slightly less sublime than their first one, but it’s filled with loads of nice cuts, and has some great production and arrangements from Tony Camillo. This is another great offering byMr.Moo ripped from original vinyl on 320@. Tracks A1. One Thing On My Mind 3.37 A2. A Love Of Your Own 5.04 A3. Neighborhood Gossip 3.44 A4. Mr. Me, Mrs. You 3.46 A5. If You’re In Need 3.41 B1. (I’ll Know) When True Love Really Passes By …
A Golden Philly Classic! Their only album for Philadelphia International in it’s best period. A Soul Diamond. Rotary Connection funs will love this one The Ebonys didn’t have nearly as many chart successes as its peers, leading it to release only two albums before disbanding in 1976. The better of these was the group’s self-titled debut, the only collection it recorded for Gamble and Huff’s Philadelphia International. Released in 1973, the album was largely a hit-and-miss affair, though its highs rivaled those of the premier Philly Soul outfits. It’s Forever easily could have become mired in its overwrought orchestrations and saccharine lyrics, but instead the ensemble lifted the song out of the muck with an impassioned vocal performance that was pure magic. Likewise, Life in the Country explored some intriguing grooves courtesy of backing band MFSB — the same group behind The O’Jays’ Ship Ahoy and Harold Melvin & The …